Drink 'n' Draw



Even though I'm not much of a drinker, I like spending time in cafes, with my sketchbook of course.
I started the journal spread below while I waited to meet a friend in a cafe downtown in Amsterdam. Then, when she arrived, we had a lot to catch up on, so I put the sketchbook aside to chat with her, and also to make a quick blind contour drawing of her.

Then after dinner, another friend joined us, and while we chatted, I opened my sketchbook again to crosshatch my way through the spread. At first I thought they might think of it as anti-social of me, but when I asked them, they told me to go on and that they were fascinated to see the drawing come to life. I am happy to notice that by now I can do some drawing and talking at the same time, although it's still not 'fluently', but I'm learning!

Labels: , , , ,