A Moment of Zen

Life can get seriously busy. To not loose your mind, you have to stop. Breathe. Relax. Drink a cup of calming tea.

That's exactly what I did when I made this drawing.
Planted at a table near the window so I could get some daylight in my eyes and soak up some energy, I started drawing some of the glasses on the bar, and grew the drawing from there, adding bits and pieces around it. Line by line, while drinking my tea with the fitting name 'Zen'. Sip by sip. It took me over an hour. People came in and left again. When someone was in my way because they were waiting to pay at the bar, I just concentrated on another detail that I could see. It was very satisfying, taking my time and absorbing the details, the chattering, the music (Stevie Wonder) that was played. When I look back at this page and the hatching lines in it, I feel the relaxing mood again.
I love it when that happens.

Labels: , ,